My Week 2 and 3 Combo Post

I promised my students that I would write with them when we blog but I’ve neglected that somewhat during the challenge.  So when I read the option this week to write about something we are particularly interested in, I decided I could combine my interest in photography with last week’s option of describing our place.

I love taking pictures.  I take a lot.  For me, taking pictures is a way of capturing the beauty of the moments, little and big, that blend together so easily to fill up days and then weeks and then months.  Taking a picture helps me savor that particular moment.  It helps me look with new eyes at things that might otherwise seem ordinary.  It helps me be thankful.  It helps me see God.

My place is particularly beautiful.  So I am continually taking pictures of this area of mine.  Some days I take detail pictures, while others I like expansive pictures.  The pictures of course have trouble capturing completely the glimmers and the vastness, the sparkles in the rays of sun or the might and silence of the mountains.  But they help and they speak in their own way.  I put a few into an animoto to give you a look at my places.  In their own way my pictures tell you about me and my place.   Hope you’ll like them.

3 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Patrick May 2, 2012 at 9:39 am | | Reply

I love the video!! it is a intelligent. All of it was nise and sothing.

2. Noah May 2, 2012 at 9:40 am | | Reply

I love that video! ecspecally how it has nature. I love nature! I like taking pictures too!