Week 10!

What a great 10 weeks we have had with the Student Blogging Challenge!  A huge thanks goes out to Miss W. for the tremendous work and coordination she has put out to make this happen for so many students and teachers around the world.  And thanks also to the mentors who checked student blogs regularly during the challenge.

It was my first time doing the challenge and also a first for all of my students, and the consensus is clear: it was a great experience.  The challenges taught us blogging skills and thinking skills.  They required critical thinking, learning, following directions, interaction and collaboration with classmates and people from around the world.  Creativity, research, diligence, communication, reflection, analysis, multiple types of writing, personal expression, evaluation, internet safety and netiquette… all and more were explored and utilized.  I saw my students more invested in their writing and their work and the blogs proved excellent for non-challenge use as well, but the fluidity of that use was enhanced because of the navigation skills and collaboration emphasized during the challenge.

Malia and Ilaria are writing posts about our nominations for the student blogs.  We used our edmodo page to suggest nominations and then voted for our top two. And even though it will be late, I am hoping that on Monday my other class can squeeze their nominations in, as we only met twice this week and didn’t get to vote yet on our nominations.

Again, thank you, Miss W., and all those who helped and participated in making this an excellent 10 weeks of learning and growth.

2 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Miss W. May 21, 2012 at 4:45 pm | | Reply

Mrs Kelly and students,

I’d like to say ‘Thank You’ very much for taking part in the Student Blogging Challenge. I have noticed the improvement in skills and writing of many of the students who remembered to add their link back to the posts I had written.

I am glad you enjoyed the ten weeks of activities and hopefully you will take part again in September, even though you might be in new classes.

If you have any great ideas for new challenges, please get in contact with me either via the student challenge blog or my email which is on there.

2. Natalie June 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm | | Reply

The video is amazing, Mrs. Kelly! Great job! 😀